Thursday, September 16, 2010

When are we going to get some sleep??

So sleep around here is a rare commodity. Well, maybe not that dire but seriously aren't 10 month olds supposed to sleep through the night? Let me clarify: Jocey sleeps like a champ=Adey throws parties every morning starting around 3:30 and ending at all different times. Sometimes they don't end...Let me start off by saying that my 9 year old slept in bed with me. There might be some people that absolutely love co-sleeping-I have no problems with that but I hated it!! I can't sleep, I need to be able to roll around and sleep like an angel if I want to. Devanne slept with me until she was 2 at which time it took me MONTHS to get her to sleep in her own bed. When I was pregnant with the girls, I told my husband, NO way, NO how were they going to sleep in our beds! And I have pretty much stuck to that. We had a co-sleeper that we hooked to our beds when they were newborns. I always put them down in their beds, I rarely held them when they were sleeping. As they got older, I tweaked their schedule to their sleeping needs. When they were 3 months olds, we moved them to their own cribs in their own rooms. We would feed them at 7, go to bed, dream feed at 10 and they would sleep until 5 where they would dream feed again and go back to sleep until 9. Man! those were the days...

Until recently, I had them going to bed at 8:30 and wishing that they would sleep until 7:30. I figured out that this wasn't working for Adey so I switched to have them sleeping at 7:30 and waking up at 6:30. This worked for about 3 days. Last night Adey woke up at 3:45 and had a party in her bed until 5. At this point she was screaming her head off and I had to get up to give her her binkie. She actually fell back to sleep which I was grateful for because this does not always happen.

This weekend I am planning on taking away their binkies. I feel mixed on this because I know that I want them gone by 12 months but those are my lifeline to getting ANY sleep. I have read books, I have a super strict schedule-what else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment